Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Any real sleep in my future.....

Ahhhh so I must say I feel like I have been living in Seattle the last couple of days and it looks like its going to be a couple more....the weather here is grey with a misty drizzle....I almost wish it would just rain.....I hate drizzle.....it did end up warming up today.....but it looks like we have some thunderstorms on our way.....A little secret "I love thunderstorms!!!".....anyway on with today....

So I had every intention on hitting the gym this morning before Shawn went to work....but Miss Lila had other plans for me.....I am not sure what is going on with her.....Growth Spurt, Insecurity, Hungry.....but she has been waking up around 1.30am-2.00am the last couple nights.....she use to be a good sleeper......hmmmm......and I know it would be easy for me to just pick her up and bring her to bed, but I have been trying to make sure she doesn't come to bed with us before 4.00am (I know I am strange)..... and I probably could have nursed her back to sleep but she hasn't nursed during the middle of night since she was 2 months old.....anyway so last night I was bound and determined to have her fall back asleep in her crib......I checked her diaper.....all good there.....sound machine on....all good there.....so I sat there on the floor with a pillow next to her crib while she cruised around her crib and screamed in frustration....you could totally hear it in her voice....she would lay down, curl up with her binky while holding my hand and fall asleep for a few mins and then she would be up again....she would look over to make sure I was still there (I tried not to make eye contact)....she would let out a few frustrating cries and then curl up holding my hand and her binky.....this went on for a good hour and 1/2.....Finally she fell asleep on her back, binky in mouth, my finger in her hand.....once I could tell she was totally out, I slipped out of her room and FINALLY headed to bed.....its almost 3am at this point....I lay down and sleep for what felt like 1 min (actually it was 10min).....and she started up again crying and screaming, by the time I got to her room she was standing up and screaming......at the end of my wit I pick her up and guess what.....she instantly calms, her whole body relaxes and she closes her eyes.....I thought about laying her back down in her crib....good idea...NOT.....I try and she immediately wakes up and freaks out even with me holding her hand.....I have no patience at this point.....I hold her close and begin to go to the master bed room.....I seriously could feel her body relaxing.....she knows where we are going.....I lay her in between Shawn and I (by now its a little after 3.00am).....and what to you know....instantly a sleep....one hand on daddy's back one hand on mommy's arm....totally and utterly content.....Oh Boy what are we going to do.....the alarm for me to go to the gym came fast.....5.00am comes quick when you finally get to sleep at 3.30am....so needless to say I turned off the alarm and snuggled with my little one while she nursed back to sleep (she usually nurses sometime between 4.30am and 6.00am)....I guess I really don't have a problem bringing Lila to bed, but I would really like her to sleep in her own crib until atleast 4.00am.....can we say frustrated....maybe I am making a bigger thing out of then I should....who knows....I know they say to go with your instincts.....WELL, my instincts tell me to pick her up and bring her to bed the first time she cries....knowing that she will sleep soundly until her first AM feeding......I keep trying to remember how it was with the twins....I do remember going in and laying on their floor a few times.....but they never came to bed with us (because I could never bring just one of them).....I guess we will see how tonight goes.....

So Mikiah woke up with a cough this morning....I bet you $100 bucks she got it from the Pediatric Clinic.....oh well.....She was pretty cute...."Mommy I am sick"........."Mommy I need some vitamin C"....where does she get this.....I mean she really listens when I tell her things....Love it....Other then just being over tired and pissed at myself for not going to the gym not much has happened today....I did have a chance to catch up on a few TV shows, add some recipes to The Breezy, organize the second bookcase.....and now I am off to get some more work done......

2 comments:

Erin said...

oh gosh kaelee...i feel so bad. lila must be having a growth spurt or teething? cole has been super fussy lately - and slobbering a ton, so i think it must be more teeth coming in? gosh..hang in there...should only be a little phase!

Molly Hannan said...

So I know you know what I'm going to say :) My opinion is to listen to your instincts . . .Lila is still just a little baby and I guarentee she won't want to sleep near you guys forever. That's what I remind myself after a bad night. Pretty soon they are going to be telling us to get the heck out of their room and leave them alone, cherish those prescious moments of cuddle time with Lila. The older girls where lucky because they had each other to keep them company. I get lonely by myself too :) Anyways, enough of that rant. All kids go through teething and growth pain so I'm sure she'll get back to sleeping just as great as before. Hope tonight goes better!