Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Her Daredevil ways caught up with her......

So I just got back from spending the morning at Urgent care....our Pediatrician was booked for the day......Lila took a fall from one of the dinning room chairs and landed directly on her shoulder....She actually let out a really loud scream (out of character for Lila).....So I cuddle with her and checked her from broken bones......couldn't find any and off to play she went......off and on she would let out little cries but nothing too crazy, it was close to bed time so to bed she went......So this morning when she couldn't get up from sitting and couldn't climb up onto the couch I realized she was in more pain then she was leading on.....So off to Urgent Care we went.....After paying our $50 dollar co-pay (Love that we have insurance and co-pays are still ridiculous) and some arm exercises and an X-ray we learned that Miss Lila landed hard enough to almost, I say almost fracture her Clavicle (collar bone).....From the x-ray you can see how bent it is.....Ick! It looks totally painful and totally bent the wrong way.....I was hoping to put up her x-ray but my computer is not reading the disc, bummer......Ok after playing with the disc I figured it out....So if you look below at her left side (by the L) you can see how bent her collarbone is.....it certainly does not look like the other one....ICKY and OUCH!..Anyway so she is wearing a sling for the next week and taking Motrin and just waiting for it to heal on its own.....Fun for me.....Especially with Shawn away until Friday on business........Here are some shots of her today....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The poor thing, Wish I was there to help out. But I probably won't be much good. Give her big hugs from Grandma. Let me know if I can do anything to help out.
Love Mom

Erin said...

oh gosh! poor little lila!!! i too wish i was there to help out! give her a big kiss from us!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, my little crazy girl! I will be home soon...

SH

Charity said...

Oh my lord! I thought that Toby was a cliber crasher... I am glad that she did not break it but it does look paifull... What a trooper