Sunday, February 22, 2009

Whirl Wind of a Week........

Well it has been a bit since my last post....I am trying to remember all that has been going on.....Shawn left on Monday for a Sales Meeting in Vegas....he was gone from Mon-Wed Night...while he was gone the girls and I just had fun hanging out and cooking food daddy doesn't like!

Uncle Joel came down from Austin on Tuesday night so that I could get up at 2am and get in line to sign the twins up for Preschool.....and yes I said 2am....I got there around 1.45am and 20 people were ahead of me.....it was a pretty crazy experience and I know that most preschools down here you do not have to get up in the middle of the night, but the program we chose is a wonderful program and very affordable...that combo is cause for early lines....plus I was looking for a 2 day a week program that are 1/2 days.....most of the 2 day a week programs down here I found were full day.....and pretty expensive......But I am happy to report that getting in line at 2 am paid off and the twins will be attending!! The two girls behind me in line took the last two spots for 4 year old....so I am super happy that Uncle Joel could be here for the kiddos....since I was gone from 1.30am to 8.45am......The good news is that next Feb I will not have to stand in line for Lila (we are going to start her at 3) since the twins will already be enrolled!......Yeah....

Shawn got home Wed night.....just in time for my B-Day on Thursday....yes another has already passed....the dreaded 32.....Ugh, I feel so old.....My b-day was awesome....the girls and I made little tastes instead of a big cake this year.....I loved it, we had Red Velvet Cake Balls coated in DARK chocolate, Oreo Truffles dipped in White Chocolate and Madeline Cookies dipped in Dark Chocolate....it was so fun to have a variety! I got wonderful gifts for my b-day, beautiful flowers delivered, a fabulous pedicure (thanks Heather & Carlos!), an electronic meat thermometer (I Love it, thanks J & A!)...One of my favorite movies 'Love Actually'.....and a new bike/helmet....which I picked out today....(Thanks MOM!!)......I love it! I have to admit it was a bit strange riding today, but after a few minutes it was like being 5 years old again! Ahhh I love riding! I beats me trying to run to keep up with Kiara these days!

So we have a sick household right now.....Kiara has been waking up the past few nights 7-8 times a night (totally out of character)....she finally told me Friday night that her ear hurt....so Saturday morning her and I headed out to urgent care....turns out she has her 1st ear infection....and it is a bad one.....both ears I guess.....so she is now on antibiotics for the first time....but today she seemed much better......hopefully tonight she will sleep all night....Lila and Mikiah have picked up colds to go with Kiara's ear infection.....lets just say last night Shawn ended up in the guest bed with MJ and Lila, Kiara and I slept in my bed.....ahhh, the wonderful things we do to comfort our kiddos!.....Everyone seems a bit better, but Lila has picked up a super nasty cough.....so we will be watching that.....UGH, poor girl!.......

So here are some pics over the last week or soo......enjoy!
Feb 2009

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for blogging Kaelee we missed pictures. We miss all you kids!

L, N

Anonymous said...

Cool bike! We'll have to figure out how to get all those bikes up here this summer so we can ride!

Erin said...

happy late b-day..man oh man, i am late again! i will have something in the mail soon, very soon....things have been so chaotic here! i hope kiara is feeling much better! love your bike...how nice! and your desserts...yummy!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I love the pictures. Only one more week and I will be there, YEAH!!! I love your bike. Thanks for posting. You all look so good. See you soon.
Love Mom

Erin said...

I can't believe how old the kids are getting!