Monday, November 15, 2010

1/2 Marathon Running Momma...

Well I did it! Yes, after 5 months of dedicated training with my good friend Ana, we finished the San Antonio Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon! Ana and I were so excited to start the race together and we are so proud of our accomplishment! Of course we were so excited that we forgot to take a pic of the two of us! Too funny! I am now going to try to increase my per mile time, hoping to get it to 10:30 or 11:00 per mile. I think some weight training may help! I finished the 13.1 miles in 2:36, just under a 12 min mile. I was shooting for 2:30 so not too bad for my first 1/2. I have until Dec 15th to decide if I want to Rock n Roll in Dallas at the end of March.... My girls and Shawn were at the finish line with about 30k of their friends....There were soooo many people there!! And in case you were wondering, nope I have no desire right now to ever run a full marathon! :)