Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas...Merry Christmas.....

Merry Christmas Y'all!!...I must say our first Christmas in Texas has been a big success.....Santa came and delivered his goods....boy were the girls so excited to get up this morning. I could hear them talking in their room before they got up:

Mikiah: Do you think Santa came Kiara?
Kiara: I don't know. I really want him to come? But I didn't see Santa?
Mikiah: MMMOOOOOMMMMM can we get up?

I absolutely love listening to them in the morning they love to chat and have the funniest conversations. So like I said very Happy and Quiet Christmas in Texas.....it was us and Uncle Joel and Mayday (Joel's Dog).....The girls were excited when they came down the stairs, rounded the tree and saw that Santa (and a few elves!) brought them.....Ta-Da...(I will apologize now for DB's barking, lets just say she was excited too!!!)

Ok so you get the picture....MJ was thrilled and Kiara was totally curious.....The girls loved all their gifts and had so much fun opening all of their presents.....They are at such a perfect age.....it gets better every year........Lila also had a good 1st Christmas....opened a gift and then tried to eat all the paper.....Love it! Shawn and I decided not to exchange gifts this year (it was all about the kids) since we moved and figured the house was gift enough.....but.....we got lots of goods and great gifts from our friends and family.....ranging from Conversation Starter Cards to Great Cookbooks, Jo Malone Candle to a beautiful picture of Seattle at Christmastime, I could go on.....What a wonderful Christmas for us.....Thanks everyone for making it so special.....Here is our Christmas in Pictures...again there are a ton, some from Christmas Eve....I also took some of the girls playroom and bathroom (I do not think I had posted any upstairs pics)......
PreChristmas/Christmas Pic
Oh......so dinner was a big success......I swear I even amaze myself sometimes.....The Red Wine Braised Brisket turned out so good....SO Tender...To give you and idea I have taken a snap shot of our dinner plate......Brisket, Potato Pancakes w/Seasoned Sour Cream Topping, Roasted Veggies and of course Red Wine Gravy.....LOAD IT UP!!!....MMMM, Meat and Potatoes....Ok, now that I have posted the pic it doesn't look too great, I suppose I should have added some garnish....who cares...it tasted great.....

I am so full right now.....I just finished and Egg Nog Whiskey Drink.....Nothing better during Christmastime then a Holiday Nog Drink....some Whiskey, Nog and 7-Up......Love it.....I seriously think I have gained 10 lbs.....AHHHH!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Pooh, it was great to see all the family and Christmas with the girls, now you just have to figure out how to take pictures of Shawn & you.....Love Nana

Molly Hannan said...

Looks like so much fun! The playroom looks awesome and the bathroom too . . .picturesque like out of Pottery Barn for kids :) Glad you guys are enjoying yourselves down there! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Love the Christmas pics! You guys are definitely getting settled in...don't think I saw any moving boxes. The play room looks fantastic...tell Kiara nice job on the vacuuming. After a not so white Christmas we woke up to about 4" on snow this morning.

Hugs all around!