Saturday, February 9, 2008

Let's Call it South Texas Hiking......

Ok, so no big mountains down here to go hiking on.....sure there are some big hills in High Hill Country, but this is South Texas......Today we went to Baumberger Nature Park about 2 miles from our house.....its about 70 acres of dried up river bed, trails and brush.....but hey its a park.....it appears that lots of mountain bikers like to ride there as we saw quite a few today....but the trails are also great for walking and "Hiking around the river bed"......I wouldn't necessary call it hiking but I am having fun.....The girls had a great time and loved checking out all the rocks in the riverbeds, let's just say we went home with a few.....but, they were a little disappointed that there wasn't a kiddie park for them to play at, so I promised them I would find them one to go to this week......the weather couldn't have been nicer....it was 84 today....and its still 79 degrees at 6:20pm......I suppose I need to get some more sunblock.....here are some pics on our "Hike".....Oh, and incase you couldn't tell we let the twins completely dress themselves....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. Weren't you looking for snakes. They do live down there.? It looks like you all had a great time... I think the girls dressed very nice. I especially liked the shirts... Ha ha. L, GM

Anonymous said...

Great!!!!! My Granddaughters will be rock hounds I could not be prouder.

L, N

Anonymous said...

I think you should let the girls pick out your and Shawn's clothes...those are the pics I want to see!