Thursday, June 19, 2008

Say "Bye Bye" to nap time.....

Ahhh so I finally have a chance to sit down and gather my thoughts.....I feel like I have been busy doing nothing in particular......just taking care of the kids, working, running around......I am now finally sitting down after a busy morning of being on my feet.....From my cardio workout first thing this morning, to my morning walk with the kiddos, to folding 5 loads of laundry (yes, I let it go), to doing the dishes, to vacuuming the downstairs....to FINALLY sitting down.....Lets just say it feels good to be showered and sitting right now.....So Thursday is my day to clean the house that way its always clean for the weekend......just never know who will stop by, plus then we can spend the weekend having fun.....instead of cleaning.....which is always nice.....Plus the girls are relaxing.....Yup relaxing....it seems that the nap times of old are over....So now they get choices.....I mix it up each day....but today's choice was: Read a book and relax in your bed or Quietly watch The Little Mermaid in the playroom.....At first Kiara went to lay down but I now they are both watching and relaxing in the playroom.....Its all good, I mean the will be 4 in October, it was only a matter of time before they gave it up.....then there is Lila, not the best napper....She is good for about an 1 hour to 1.5 hours.....on a really good day she will sleep 2.....but most days its a little more then 1 hour....this for me is new as the twins were great nappers always 3 hours long.....Oh well.....and of course she has been down for about an hour and now she is crying.....well I am off to get her.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job getting them to relax. I think it is time for them to get some writting letters DVD's. That way they will be able to write their name and the Alphabet. I will see what I can find.. Thanks for the Post. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

happy Thursday!


SH

Mary-Catherine said...

Isabella is starting to give up her afternoon nap now too :( she's never been one for long naps either though. Sounds like ya'll had a great Father's Day! hope you have a good weekend this weekend!