Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ahhh, relaxing Sunday at home....

I have mixed feelings about Sunday's.......Love relaxing but know that Monday is lurking around the corner and it is back to our weekly routines....we did not do much this weekend, which seems to be the way it has been lately....but that usually equals good family time at home.....I managed to sneak away yesterday and purchased the girls B-Day gifts, we ended up getting them a bunch of little stuff since the grandparents all purchased big stuff.......I am really excited...I even wrapped it all last night and got it ready to take to G-Dad's house...it will be fun, we are doing a Hot Air Balloon Family Party at my dads and then when we get back we are doing a Princess Party with Nanna and Uncle Joel.....The girls sure do love the Disney Princesses....they are so much more "Girly" then I was....Too Fun....

So a funny thing happened today....the girls found their wrapped presents in our bedroom closet.....and I was like "Yup, those are them, do not open them".....the girls were cool with that and left the closet......well probably about 4-5 hours later, I am making dinner, Shawn and Uncle Joel are watching football, and the girls were supposed to be resting and watching one of their shows in mom and dads room....Well, Kiara comes out to the kitchen and says "I told Mikiah not to open it mommy but she didn't listen.".......Mom responds with "Open what? One of her presents?".......Kiara, "Yeah, she opened one"......So I go into my bedroom, through the bathroom to our walk in closet with MJ screaming and crying while holding one of her presents......and yes she did open 2 and Kiara admitted to opening one......You could tell by the look on Mikiah's face and the sounds of her cries that she was very upset and totally knew she did something she wasn't supposed too.....Well in the end they both got time outs, to cool off and both apologized to Mommy and Daddy.....So now I have to find boxes to put the stuff in and re-wrap it....I am kind of kicking myself as I should have put them up a bit higher, oh well.....it made for an interesting afternoon.....

After a yummy Sunday Spaghetti dinner with homemade bread and a little post dinner rest.....we took a walk around the 'hood, I must say it is nice to have it a little cooler out, but the day light is getting shorter......it was dark by the time we got back to the house and it wasn't even 7.45pm....I suppose it is that time of year.....Well I am off to watch some TV and wind down before bed.....It's back to the gym in the early AM for me.....

1 comment:

Molly Hannan said...

Sounds like a nice weekend. It also sounds like you have a great birthday planned for the girls! When do you leave for your dad's? Hope you guys have a great week!