Thursday, September 18, 2008

Smart Cookie, maybe?......

So I am sure most other moms have noticed this with your second/third born. But Lila seems so much more advanced then when the twins were her age. I supposed this is accredited to the fact that she has two older siblings who I must say are great teachers. I just feel that Lila talks more, knows more, figures things out better and more advanced then the Kiara and MJ were at 18 months.....

Little example: She has been having a running nose lately and so I hear her say "Ut-oh" and then I watch her climb up the 3 stairs to the landing where she points up to the tissue box and says "This, Mommy".....while still pointing until I come and get her a tissue, which she uses herself to wipe her nose and then continues on to throw the tissue in the garbage.

I wish I could think of more examples, but she is just a talker.....She can point out all her features and say most of them.....Nose, mouth (which is her favorite to say), eyes, ears, hair, fingers......I actually love this game as it usually comes her down when she is upset.....

So it's been a bummer around here with the kids and their colds....I have had to cancel two play dates....I hate not being able to get out of the house when the kids are sick.....but they need their rest.....Hopefully they will be over them soon.....but it has allowed me to get more work done which is nice.....and I made it to the gym this morning (I have slacked the last two, Ugh) which was rewarding as usual......We seriously have not been up to much....I would say we are having a boring week down here.....Colds will do that....

I will tell you one of my new guilty pleasures......Facebook.......Yeah, you heard me right....I thought I would never sign up for a social networking group.....but I caved and have caught up with so many friends from the past....I must say it's been nice too reconnect!.....

So I am with Molly as I do not like to post w/o pics.....So I will leave you with Lila, these are from a few days ago.......She is eating Cheerios with milk.....and I must say she is very good at it....and likes the change in her breakfast......if I give her a bowl with out milk, she will look at me and say "milk".......So funny!

2 comments:

Erin said...

what a big girl!! she is a smarty pants! i hope the colds go away soon...we are still battling them here too...ugh!

Anonymous said...

Lila looks so cute, What a sweetie...Love mom