Saturday, November 10, 2007

Lets make cupcakes mommy....

So my girls love to cook....They love to measure, they love to stir, they love to mix, and Mikiah's new favorite thing is cracking eggs....she loves it. I have to let her crack them into a bowl so I can pick out a few of the shells.....too funny....Anyway today they helped me make some pancakes for breakfast and then sometime in the afternoon Mikiah wanted to make cupcakes....so we ran (well you know load three kids in the car, load three kids out the car, and then back in the car and back out again!) to the store for some frosting (I could have made some but lets just say I was lazy today and I like the vanilla frosting in the tub!)....All was going well until I had to get out the handheld electric mixer.....MJ freaked out.....she really has a hard time with loud noises....I believe her ears and hearing are sensitive and she sometimes scares easily.....well it was one of those days.....but once I got started with the hand mixer she stopped crying and just covered her ears.....They were so excited to help and had fun filling the cupcake holders....I even let them try to frost but the one's that they frosted I let them eat right away since they pulled the tops right off....So funny.....Mikiah was like "What happened to my cupcake???"....and I was like "Just eat it".....She laughed and ate the whole thing.....Love it....I didn't get picks of them frosting theirs but here are some after shots.....Can we say that Kiara LOVES the frosting.....she wouldn't put it down for the pics..... All in all we have had a good weekend so far.....I just can't stop thinking about moving so exciting but so much to do.....Last night Pat, Karey and Holly came over for dinner and a movie.....we had a great time eating pizza, having a beer (the adults of course) and watching Ratatouille. The girls did pretty well watching the movie, I have been hesitant to take them to the movies because they don't really sit still though whole movies.....but after Friday night I may finally take them to the movies....We'll see.......Well I am off to catch up on some TV and enjoy the fact that all the girls are sleeping.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures... They looked very happy... Cooking is in their blood. Have a great Sunday..

Anonymous said...

love it!

My little sous chefs!!!


SH

Anonymous said...

yummy...i sure would like one of those cupcakes!!