Sunday, November 11, 2007

Never enough time in the day.......

The weekend is winding down....I am sitting here watching the Amazing Race, still trying to pick a few favorites....it always takes me a few episodes.....can I tell you how hard the Father is on his daughter.....OH MY WORD, give your daughter some credit.......'Crass' is putting it lightly....

Today blew by....I still can not believe that it is almost 9.00pm...I am beginning to wonder where the day has gone and I am starting to believe that there is not enough time in the day for me to get everything done that I would like.....Seems to be more of a dilemma when I am with the kids by myself.....I assume its because they too need my attention (which is a good thing)....I can't complain too much since I did get to watch a DVD today during nap time......I am just ready to be with Shawn, not only because he is my husband and I am in love with him and miss him, but also for his Daddy duties.....it will be nice to have a equal parent partner again......Ahhh 24 more days till the girls and I walk through the door of our new house.....

So today Mikiah learned the hard way........Little did she know that no dinner equals no dessert....and boy did she want a cupcake....but apparently not bad enough to even try dinner tonight. I made a Chicken Risotto with Spinach, Roasted Peppers, Sun dried Tomatoes, Lemon Juice, Parmesan Cheese, yadah, yadah., sorry I get carried away when talking about food....Anyway, Kiara and I both loved it......but MJ started saying she didn't like risotto before she sat down for dinner.....I tried to get her to try a bite and she was like NO WAY, and left the table.....Lets just say she pitch quite a fit when Kiara was eating her cupcake.....I am expecting Mikiah to be pretty hungry come morning....but I am one of those moms that, Hey if you try it and don't like it then fine maybe I will make you something else, but if you won't even try it then sorry that's what you get......I know my kids and they will eat when they are hungry......Can't wait to see how early MJ gets up......I know she is going to ask for breakfast first thing.....

So cooking dinner is becoming challenging again.....Lila is quite needy off and on these days.....Her top teethe are coming in, I think she has two up there one that poked through today and one getting ready to poke through....plus when I set her down to let her play on the floor she gets pretty frustrated crawling backwards.....She knows she wants to go forward but doesn't and finally after all her frustrations she ends up rolling to where she wants to go.....anyway today I decided it was time for her to join the girls and I in the kitchen....I usually put her in her exer-saucer but not today.....and she had a great time....check out her smile....so cute....

Sous Chef #3

3 comments:

Shawn said...

our little sous chef #3!

...can't wait for us all to be together again.

MJ - school is always in session. ;)

Erin said...

what a cute pic of lila! she is getting so big! love her spiky little hair!! 24 days...you are almost there!! wow...a new house...how wonderful!!!! that has been worth waiting for...

Molly Hannan said...

You will have to open a Harper restaurant in San Antonio with all the girls cooking! I love it! What torture for MJ to watch Kiara eat her cupcake :) I would be screaming too!