Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Living the Single Mom life.....

Ahhh, so its been awhile......Nana and Grandpa headed to Mexico early yesterday, so it is just us girls along with the dogs. Holy Cow, I think I forgot what it was like to do everything. Well, I guess I have never had to do everything since Lila was born. Shawn was always there to help with the dishes, laundry, the kids, the garbage, dog poop picking up......I could go on.....So here I am for the next 11 days living the single mom life.....while trying to keep my sanity.....we shall see how I do. So far Day number 2 is going well.....although Lila loves to sleep with her mom......she will sleep in her crib for about 4-5 hours and then she is like "No WAY" I am not going back in that crib, So I let her lay in bed with me and POOF she is out completely.....must be one of her comforts......should be fun moving and finally getting her into her own room.....I for see some long nights.....ahhh....I love parenting.....

I forgot how chaotic dinner time can be......last night I managed to get it all done...but I had few Lila screaming interruptions, a too helpful Kiara (who can not get enough of washing dishes, she LOVES it and playing in water), and an inquisitive Mikiah (who like to ask questions about everything "What's that Mama....can I taste it???")......Oh how I can not wait to be living with Shawn again.....soon very soon I should have some news on the move.....and what not.....

So I just wanted to check in tell you all that we are doing great.....I am trying to get in as many hours for work as I can so that I will have enough to cover the days when we are moving.....I am off to get some work done.......Oh, and all the other things I have to get done today.....hopefully I will get a shower, I swear its always a challenge if I don't do it first thing in the morning......bye for now.....

2 comments:

Erin said...

you are a superstar mom! work, take care of the kids, house, pets...wow...and tell me about time for showers...i know when i finally do get some time, i take my sweet ol' time relishing in some peace and quiet...
wish i could come and keep you company!

Molly Hannan said...

Sounds crazy! You're going to need a vacation to Mexico after the next week or so! Sounds like you're getting lots of stuff done and you definitely are a superstar mom. . .living the life of a single mom always makes you appreciate our husbands so much more! So there's one good thing :)