Friday, April 20, 2007

10 hours of Freedom....

Well...today is my long day at work.....10 hours with no kids and no mommy responsibilities...well except one, pumping every 3 hours. I love that my work has a mothers' room but I am not sure why they just can't call it that. The mothers' room here is called the Lactation Room, I mean that's literally what we do in the room, but jeez can we come up with a better name....we also have to schedule our time through Outlook......so we don't double book the room.....Thank god for private appointments in Outlook....if we didn't have them then everyone that looks at my calender would see that I have meetings in the Lactation room at 8.30, 11.30 and 2.30....they may even begin to think I am spending more time in there then working....


Back to my freedom...its nice being at work and having adult conversations.....gossiping about celebs and TV shows...talking about weekend plans and upcoming trips.......it keeps me sane.....its nice to hear "Kaelee" as opposed to "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" all day...sorry that didn't come out right....what I am trying to say is that I like being able to be me......and I wear many hats...wife, mom, daughter, friend, Co-worker, etc....and its nice to get away from the kids...it makes coming home that much more rewarding....seeing those beautiful kids waiting and waving from the sliding glass door as you pull up....so excited to see you....or in my case they want to know what you brought them from Starbucks (I pick up coffee drinks on my long Fridays for my mother and me)....... it feels good to be missed....and I love that I get to experience that on these long work days....

So today is just breezing by...hope Grandma Paula is doing well...more importantly I hope the twins haven't given her too much trouble....although I am sure she won't have a problem since my kids listen to her better then me...they behave better for her too...they always have....I bet they listen to her so she will continue to bring cookies over.....Hmmm they may be on to something...I always knew they were smarter then most 2.5 year old kids...

Well I gotta run...lunch break is over.....check in with you later.....

No comments: