Monday, April 23, 2007

OH Barney.....


Ok...so I don't mind watching educational shows with my girls, in fact I sometimes use them to get things done around the house....yes I too will stick my kids in front of the TV for an hour, so I can get things done.....When they were younger we did the Baby Einstein DVDs....Which I love....But now the girls really, really, I mean really like Barney......"I want to watch BARNEY!" is repeated over and over from the moment they wake up......I just don't get it......I mean he is a big purple dinosaur....with a girly voice.....that sings and dances around....don't get me wrong I like most of his messages......but all the songs get stuck in my head....the girls watched two episodes this morning......while Shawn read the paper and I flipped through the Sunday ads (one of my favorite Sunday morning rituals)....So anyway I am in the shower getting ready to go shopping and all of a sudden I notice that I am singing one of those catchy Barney songs.."the ants go marching 1 by 1 hurrah, hurrah...the ants go marching 2 by 2 hurrah, hurrah...and so on" ......I think we are going to have to take a Barney break....who am I kidding....I am sure we will be back watching an episode tomorrow morning....wonder what tune I will be singing in the shower tomorrow.....

We got all the girls out of the house today....it was nice.....and what a nice day here...sun shiny day.....we went on a little shopping trip....3 stores in 2 hours.....I just have to tell you..."I love Target"....I also love how we always manage to buy more then whats on the list....I guess that's life.....or maybe I am shopping with an incomplete list...who knows......

....back to the girls they were great....they actually listened and held daddy's hands as we quickly shopped around the store....I am always amazed at how grown up they are....pretty soon they will be asking for the car keys....and little Lila....she just slept the whole trip.....its getting late so I better wrap this up...

Here is a link to the latest pics....most are from today. Enjoy!


Girls April 07

.....just want to sign out with a "Happy Earth Day!".....Hope you all have changed out your light bulbs to CFL bulbs....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Pooh!

Nice!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, but not sure how you find the time. Don't worry about Barney, in my day we used Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers to find time to take a shower. The girls will always remember "helping mom to cook" not that dinner was late. You are doing a fantastic job!