Saturday, April 28, 2007

Did you just say "Brian Williams"?...

I love Fridays!....Who doesn't?.....Today has been a great day. Shawn worked from home this morning and took care of the girls so I could stay late at work. Today is Medtonic's Fiscal Year end....always a crazy day around the office......It was nice to stay late and earn some extra money too....And because Shawn was so sweet I stopped by Starbucks on my way home and brought him and afternoon coffee before he headed into the office.....I got myself one too I suppose thats why I really went there....so the day was off to a good start.....When I got home....Lila was the only girl awake.....the big girls had just gone down for a nap....ahhh peace and quiet....the girls took a super long nap....I went up at 3.30pm to wake them up........It was cute Kiara was already awake and reading a book in her crib.....MJ was out like a light, so I had to wake her.....and boy she hates getting woken up....but after some back rubbing and bribing with Mac n Cheese & Hot Dogs she was up.....She loves Mac n Cheese....I really think she could eat it all the time....

A funny thing happened tonight that reinforced the notion of kids being sponges....and possibly proves that our TV is on a bit more then it should be....So the intro to NBC Nightly News comes on the TV and all of a sudden Mikiah yells out "Brian Williams"....I am shocked...we usually have the TV off during this time and music on for dinner (we like to eat between 6.00-6.30).....so I was totally amazed that she knew who he was....I asked again what she had said and she was like...."Brian Williams mommy, on TV"....Geesh where does she pick this up....I swear she has the best memory.......

Well Happy Friday!!! I'm out....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mikiah is very smart. She picks up everything. I love the way she always comes up with something that shows she is listening. BEWARE!!!!

Erin said...

what a smarty pants!! see you in a bit!