Saturday, August 23, 2008

Can we please ban these from TV......

So Kiara asked me today if I needed Levitra? Its 9.00 am, Shawn and I are watching MSNBC catching up on politics and she walks in the room, hears the commercial on TV and then innocently asks me the question......My answer....No honey those pills are not for women....she quickly responds with "Oh, ok mommy, Daddy do you need Levitra?".....Oh man...."No, No Kiara I do not need those either".....Obviously she doesn't know what they are (a drug for ED) but this roots a bigger issue....Do we really need to SEE drug adds on TV......What happened to the days of old when you go to you Doctor talk about your issues and they come up with a solution or medication to treat the ailments......Is TV really the place for these ads?.....I mean I get it, drug companies our out to make money, but seriously the US has banned Hard Alcohol Ads on TV aren't some of these drugs just as dangerous....and not to mention our drugged society.....America is the most medicated country in the world....something we should not be proud of....I would have to think that these ads have a little bit to do with it.......Ok, Ok, I am totally rambling now.....but you see my point?

1 comment:

Erin said...

i am there with you, there have many of times where i have been watching tv with family or friends and an "uncomfortable" commercial comes on...what do you do other then just sit in utter silence till it's over...see your point!