Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Playroom....and the Twins.....

Ok so here is the playroom.....it was a dirty/pale tan before......these first 2 pics were taken before I hung pictures but they were also shot with natural light from the window.....the rest were taken late tonight with the light on.......I absolutely love this green.....and since the playroom will not always be a playroom I feel this color will work as the room changes.....or until I get bored and need to paint the room again.....The only thing left to add to the playroom is an LCD HDTVw/built in DVD player......we are going small for this room since we do not want that to be the focus of the room.....we are talking maybe a 19-20 inch one.....we will mount it on the wall where the girls comfy chairs are facing.....the big blank spot.....trust me you will see the big blank spot.......
So we finally got our doorbell replaced too.....I love the new one.....We had one of those old thin brass ones......A nice upgrade for a little money.....


Now on to the twins room......I will warn you, its white and I mean WHITE and bare....but with good reason.....I know I will be posting more pics when we finally finish their room....but this is a beginning.....My original plan for their room was to paint it white and then get about 8 bright colors and paint circles all over the room with colors overlapping.....my inspiration was a Neiman Marcus shopping bag.....the pics below do not do the bag justice....its bright shiny white with tons of bright colored circles.... I basically want there room to be bright and colorful.....So the problem came when looking at paint colors.....I found them.....but none of the colors I wanted were available in the no VOC Eco-Friendly paint....and it just wouldn't look the same with out the bright colors......So I got to thinking and now we are going to paint the same circles in bright colors just like above on stretched canvas that we are going to be purchasing and painting bright white first.....since Shawn and I like to paint this should be fun for all......plus there are tons more color choices in painters paint. We are even going to let the twins paint there own canvases......They have already picked their bedding, polka dots Kiara Blue & MJ Pink, now we just need to get the big girl beds and some window treatments....The girls will also paint their letters that are hanging on the wall.....So now that you know what we are thinking, just imagine the pics below with lots of painted stretched canvases hanging on the wall.....with bright circles of overlapping color......(Oh and just so you know it was at the twins request that we push their beds together, they love to be close to each other)........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Your house looks wonderful...Wish I was there so I could sleep in MY room... Thanks for sharing... Love MOM

Erin said...

looks great kaelee..i love the green!

5 Cougs said...

How fun letting the girls paint their own room! I wish I was that brave.

Does the big overlook from the playroom scare you at all? My boys would love to jump through it!