Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Some of the best lessons....

I must say some of the best lessons on parenting are taught by our children....as I was reminded by today....So with daddy gone I decided that it would be fun to totally focus on the kids for dinner.....picking things that they would think were fun to eat but also something new....Now, I have to say when I decide to eat "Junk" food we go all out and get it done with and then go back to eating healthy the next day.....On the menu tonight was crescent dogs, tater tots w/3 dipping sauces and brownies....Yup, you read it right, nothing green in there at all, we were totally bad!

So the kiddos helped me assemble everything and here is where a life lesson was taught again to me by Mikiah, we were rolling up the dogs and I was a little frustrated that a few were not perfect (indeed I can be a perfectionist in the kitchen) and so MJ says "Its ok Mommy, they will still cook fine!"......You know she is right, relax mommy, let the kids do it there way and learn hands on, leave your perfection hat at the door!.......She was so sweet, and I do love having them help me in the kitchen, she just reminded me again about patience and perfection.....I need a lot of one and not so much of the other.....Look at these little sous chefs....
The girls loved dinner and we are all full, although we all agreed no cheese next time....but it was still good...I may need to hit the gym a little harder but it was all worth it...So fun! Daddy was well missed at dinner.....but hey more brownies for the rest of us!!! Hee hee!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kaelee, another good day with the girls. They have learned so much from you. I don't think they will ever not know what to fix to eat. Lila is right in the middle of it. How cute. Thanks for sharing.
Love
Mom

5 Cougs said...

So cute and great lesson too. One I have to remind myself of often!