Friday, April 4, 2008

We are getting there.....

The Final Four is here.......So last night Shawn and Joel headed downtown for an event at the Final Four 2008 Men's Final Four Salute Presentation.

Description of event:
The Men's Salute Presentation is the first official event of the Final Four. This special evening is hosted by Jim Nantz, CBS Sports, and includes an introduction of the Final Four teams, conversations with the Final Four coaches and video highlights of the tournament to date as well as each team's journey to San Antonio. Immediately following the presentation is a VIP reception (heavy hors d'oeuvres and cocktails).

He got the tickets from his boss who got them from the VP of Sales at his work......Anyway I guess none of them could go....So convenient for Shawn who I told to take his brother Joel knowing that those two would get the most out of it plus in the move I donated most of my business attire clothing (which was the dress code for the event)....So much easier for a guy to put on a suit and tie then me have to figure out some outfit on such short notice.....Sounds like they had a good time....

While they were out having a good time I was home with the girls having a good time in.....we walked the neighborhood and met some more neighbors, we watered the tomatoes and other plants, can I just say one of my rose bushes looks amazing....and we continued with our bedtime routine.....and let me tell you Lila is hilarious......we did the usual read a story to the twins, put them in bed and then Lila and I headed to her room....Where she let out a brief cry while I was getting her ready for bed....then we sat down to read her new favorite book, Good Night Seattle. Once I turned the last page she gave me a death grip hug around my neck.....I am assuming she knew she as going to bed.....so I clicked on the sound machine, turned on her fish music and gave her a big squeeze and a kiss and laid her down in her crib.....she reached for my hand, so I sat down next to her crib and she put her head down fast, grabbed my hand and I swear she scared herself to sleep....I think she was afraid that she would still be awake when I got up to leave.....she was out in 2 min.......I moved my hand got up and left.....she did not make a peep until 11.30pm or so.....and again at 3.30am....for those I just went in and turned on her fish music and she was fast asleep.....She was finally up at 5.00am this morning....which is fine.....I figure I either need to nurse her before I work out or when I get home....so 5.00am works (I leave around 5.10 am to hit the gym) or 6.30am works.....I must say I do miss sleeping with the little sweet heart but its so nice to not have to worry about her in our bed.....Now if we could just get nap times to be a little better......she still doesn't like going down for her naps.....but we will continue to try.....

Hope all has a great weekend.....I think we are planning on hitting the Final Four activities tomorrow.....they have a big free festival downtown, with Music and Food.....I think Puddle of Mud and Kidd Rock play tomorrow....with All American Rejects and Taylor Swift playing on Sunday and I think Fall Out Boy plays tonight before the big fireworks show.....Shawn and I were talking this morning he really should have taken today off so we could go to the free practices, oh well.....We still may try to go down for the All-Star College game tonight....its free too......Dora is also coming to Sea World this weekend so we may try to fit that in on Sunday.....Since we already have our seasons passes and parking pass it would be another *Free* thing for us to do...I LOVE FREE FUN......and somewhere in there we will have to hit Home Depot to finally get a lawn mower and all the stuff we need to maintain the yard....our yard is in need of some serious mowing.....I hear dollar signs......"Cha-Ching Cha-Ching"......

No comments: