Friday, May 25, 2007

And we are off....and made it....

Talk about another insane morning....I felt like I was in Fast Forward all morning, only really slowing down to nurse Lila....But I didnt realize how much more we had left to pack.....and I ended up having to pack for Shawn too.....But amazingly enough I was all done by 1pm....The time we were suppose to leave....Shawn's cousin Aimee arrived on time....but of course Shawn was no where to be seen....I called him at about 1.15pm.....Voicemail....called again at 1.30 on both work and cell.....lovely voicemail....He finally calls back at 1.50...."Sorry got pulled into a meeting...be home in 15min....".....Mind you by this time all three girls were cranky.....Kiara and MJ were in serious need of a nap.....holy crabby.......Lila was fussy and hungry.....So when Shawn hadn't showed up by 2.15...I decided to feed Lila.....I am so glad I did cause we didn't end up leaving until 3:ooish.....Boy do I hate leaving late.....I can't really blame Shawn since it was work related...But I can be mad at the situation.....So off to Pullman we went....with 3 crabby kids, 3 frustrated adults and 2 hyper dogs......What a ride!!!!.....Thankfully the girls slept for a little bit....and were entertained by my moms portable DVD player (we will be getting one installed sooner rather then later, THANKS Mom).....They just love the movie Cars.....Lila napped off and on, sucked on her binki a lot (which she never does).....and made it 5 hours with out nursing....but man she was ready when we got here......all in all the trip was pretty good.....I must say....I totally love the Suburban....So much room!....Gas isn't great but oh well.....its still worth it.....

So we made it here....Love Pullman....we were greeted with a yummy Asian Salad dinner and Sloppy Joes....So good....The girls were excited to see Nanna Anna and Grandpa.....and DB was thrilled to be able to run around a fenced yard with other dogs.....Mikiah was so excited to be here that she didnt want to go to bed......and had a "Lovely" meltdown......WOW, is all I can say.....I haven't seen Shawn and me so stressed at the same time in a long time....usually its just one or the other.....oh well Mikiah finally went to bed......and we all were able to relax.....Shawn with a few drinks and me with a piece of Chocolate cake.....Yup...I gotta have my Chocolate!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, What an Adventure... Chocolate always makes me feel better. Poor Mikiah!! She just didn't want to miss anything going on... I was that way as a child. I use to hide under the dinner table thinking I couldn't be seen. Ha Ha..... Have a great time. Love MOM

Anonymous said...

wow is right!! glad you guys are there and now you can relax! take advantage of all the help you have! let's get together when you get back!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a fun day! :) I've heard that those portable DVD players are a life saver for long car rides.

Chocolate cake & a cold glass of milk always makes everything better!

Hope you, Shawn & the girls have a wonderful time & that the weather is great!