Monday, May 7, 2007

Fragrance Festival Extravaganza ......

Sunday has been good to me....It started with Krispy Kreme doughnuts.....I think that's 3 days in a row.....Oooopppss.....oh well.....not so good for my waste line but they were warm and fresh and oooohhhhh soooo good this morning....My Mom and Aunt Ineze brought them over......The rest of the morning was filled with visiting and Spaghetti making....The girls enjoyed playing and getting to know thier Great Aunt Ineze (my mom's sister)....I think they were baffled by the fact that she looks a lot like their Grandma Paula....pretty cute...When we put the girls down for nap we could hear them over the monitor talking about Ineze....the girls crack me up......going on and on about Grandma Paula and Ineze......I swear it takes them forever to actually fall asleep these days.....I have two 'Chatty Cathy's'.......but hey at least they are not crying and making a fuss.....

Around 1.15ish Mom, Ineze and I headed into Seattle......Our final destination was Nordstrom's Spring Fragrance Festival.....Mom had bought us tix awhile back....Who knew Nordstrom had a 5th floor with a huge banquet room....You know what else is on the 5th Floor.....Nordstrom Spa....didn't know that was up there either.....could be dangerous on my pocket book......We had such a good time....we entered the banquet room....and were immediately presented with drinks....Wine, Water or a Pink Lemonade drink in a Martini glass....We all took the Pink drink....Sooo yummy......Funny thing was my mom didn't know that there was alcohol in it until she finished it and went back to the drink bar for a water....She come back to Ineze and I (we already knew their was Vodka in the drinks) and say "Did you know those drinks had Pear Vodka in them".....Ineze and I look at each other and smile...Mom cracks me up.....love her to death....Still trying to figure out how should couldn't taste the Vodka.....man the drinks were good....The event was so much fun with door prizes and so many 'Free gift with purchase'.....I ended up getting two wonderful fragrances....(I have a hard time since most give me a headache)......Lolita Lempicka and Besty Johnson......Yup the designer has a fragrance...actually what designer doesn't have a fragrance these days.....I love the scent of both....so nice....So if any of you need help picking a fragrance and you are in the Seattle Nordstrom go to the fragrance counter and ask for Babette.....She is so awesome.....and totally helpful......the festival was so fun and it was really nice to spend it with my mom and aunt......Thanks you two.....As I am typing I still can't believe mom and the vodka....still makes me laugh....Love you mom....

Tonight has been great too.....I made a HUGE pot of spaghetti before I left for Nordstrom and it was soooo good tonight....it simmered all day with Shawn keeping an eye on it.....thanks for that honey....I LOVE spaghetti, its one of my favorite foods to cook and eat.....see here I go again, should have been Italian.....we have so much we will be eating until its coming out our ears........guess I will be freezing some......anyway the girls must have drove Shawn a little nuts today....he had to get out of the house tonight for a brief walk with the dog.....boy do I know how he felt.....the girls drive me nuts regularly.......but now all are sleeping and I just got done watching the Sopranos....love it....well I am off to bed.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

K,
You crack me up too!! I guess I should drink more!!I just thought it was grapefriut juice. Who knew! Oh, you and Ineze.. Ha ha. It was fun. We will do it again. A big Thanks to Shawn for our great afternoon. HE is the greatest....
Love those girls....Mom

Anonymous said...

We must be on same page as we had Spaghetti yesterday to. Figured it would be the last time till fall. We put up the swing for the girls and Jerry kept getting bucked off. So Karey gave it a try and the branch broke. So we are trying to figure where to put it now. L, N

Anonymous said...

wow..what a great day you had!! i didn't know that nordstrom had a fragrance festival...my mom would love that too! oh and we are going to pay half of the fight...only fair, since joe invited himself over - ha! :)