Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Holy two days in a row.......

I love it....another sunny day....with a little bit of a breeze....so nice. As I was driving to work today I saw a woman out running with her headphones on and ipod clipped to her shirt.....It got me thinking, man it would be nice to running......especially since the weather is getting nice.....then I flipped on my radio morning show and one of the dee-jays just ran Bloomsday in Spokane....she is a little younger then me and just started running.....she was so proud of her herself for finishing the race (12K).......I was thinking damn straight you should be proud I can barely run a mile.......anyway it got me thinking.....Man I am 30 years old.....I want to accomplish something I thought I never could or would....so today I decided I am going to start running again...I haven't really ran since college....I mean I exercise and try to stay in shape....but now I really want to run and start out slow and them vamp it up....with the end goal of running in a marathon before or around my 32nd birthday.....the Boston Marathon would be my top choice, which means I would probably need to find a charity or cause to run with.....but the Seattle Marathon or Austin Marathon would suffice.....so that is my new goal.....just need to go get new running shoes and an ipod shuffle.......I am really excited about this...I know I have my work cut out for me....

The girls and I are on day number 2 with getting out of the house and walking...there were lots of people out and about in our neighborhood today......So I think I am crazy....because I always wonder what other people are thinking when they see me and the girls out walking.....I wonder if they are thinking.....look at that Nanny with 3 kids and the family dog.....I dont think I would want to be mistaken for the nanny, but it could easily happen in our neighborhood...or check out that lady: baby in carrier, 2 girls in double stroller, and dog on leash.....INSANE woman......anyway the walk was good.....another warm day....the girls took a snack today....Corn Cheese Puffs from Trader Joes....when we got back from the walk we parked the stroller in the garage....and the girls discovered their shopping carts again (Shawn had moved them from the living room).....So of course I had to bring them upstairs.....but I am really glad I did....both girls put on a pair of my heels and walked around the living room "Shopping".....for at least and hour....it was cute, they were trading items back and forth and they would call for each other to come over where they were......They have really started paying together....I love watching them interact.....

After dinner it was Dance Party USA here.....the girls and Shawn were dancing in the living room....Kiara and Mikiah love to dance.....they danced all the way until bedtime......which means....yup, they went right to sleep.......no talking before bed for them.... Here are some pics and two videos..

Dance Party

Well Shawn and I just got done watching Children of Men with Clive Owen...its was definitely a different movie...but good....and interesting....kind of movie that just in general gets you thinking about the future......Man its late....I need to head off to bed....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be your running partner...we just need a sitter.

you'll have to put the dancing vids' on your blog, for everyone to see!

love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Now you have to plan out how you are going to meet you running goals. Make one of your lists. Start today. Have fun with it. Keep up the great walks with the girls. That is a start, not sure when you will have time, but I know you will do it. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

what a great goal kaelee!! i am starting to run too - i can barely do 5 min! ha!

Michelle said...

I want to come over for Dance Party USA! Sounds like a blast!

I think it's a great idea to start running again...you've inspired me to get back into my exercise program once I'm back in NY. Who knows, maybe someday we can run a marathon together! :)

Take care,
M.