Thursday, May 17, 2007

Been busy over here....potty training anyone????

So with Shawn gone I feel I have been real busy, real tired and I have missed being able to get my thoughts down.....At work, I have been working on getting my performance evaluation done...I finally finished it....I absolutely hate doing them...I get so tired of talking about myself and what a great team player I am, and how good I am a multitasking....etc.......Oh well at least I am done with my part of the eval.......but still working on it always seems like a waste of time when there is so much work to do....or more important things going on.....

Grandma Paula has been helping out in the mornings while Shawn is gone....I really appreciate her being able to be here.....The girls just love her....She went to my brother's house yesterday to help out my sister in law who has been under the weather....anyway I told the girls she would be back later....they were like "Ok mommy".....but after nap they got up wanting to know where she was....I told them she was at Uncle Joe and Auntie Victoria's visiting and taking care of their cousin...and they again were like "Ok Mommy".....well about an hour later Kiara comes up to me and says "I miss Grandma Paula"....It was adorable....but of course made me feel like chop liver....apparently I am not as fun as Grandma Paula....she kept asking "When will Grandma Paula be here?"....Over and over...until Grandma came back....and boy were the girls excited....jumping and waving from the slider glass door....

We finished last night with a yummy dinner that I haven't made in years "Teriyaki Chicken Salad w/Poppy Seed Dressing"......I dont make it cause Shawn doesnt eat it...man was it good....totally reminding me of high school and living with my mom....after dinner we took Grandma Paula's car over to Todd/Melissa's.....he drove it to work today and fixed it all up for her.....

Today Kiara decided she wanted to wear underwear and try the potty out.....I think its because I told her that her friend Natalie was almost done with Potty Training....and of course since Kiara wanted to potty train Mikiah wanted to as well......both girls did pretty well all morning....sitting on the potty and reading their potty books.....but right before nap Kiara just pees while she is standing right next to the potty.......we tried to get her to sit on it and she was like no way......oh well at least she was close to it.....they both wanted their pull ups back on for nap.....which I probably would have done anyway.....they both still continued to try to potty off and on throughout the day....So tomorrow I will be making a chart and will get some stickers....and of course M&Ms.....to reward just for sitting on the potty......fingers crossed that we wont have too many set backs......I mean I totally expect lots of accidents......but I am just ready for the girls to move forward with training....we shall see how it goes.....I think it helped that Natalie and Melissa came over today......and the girls were able to see Natalie's potty training in action.....We had a good visit w/Melissa and Nat......so much fun....Its so great to see all the girls playing together.....Thanks for stopping by Melissa....The girls talked about you and Natalie after you left....all good things!

I just have to say I made a super yummy dinner tonight....Mini Penne Pasta w/Steak & Arugula....its basically a pasta salad with a homemade balsamic dressing, sliced steak, fresh herbs and Arugula....the recipe was good but of course I did alter it....I added Goat Cheese....Soooo good....I love cooking when Shawn is gone....for the simple fact that I can make what I want.....without having to worry about him liking it or not......plus I get to use lots of fresh veggies......and have salads for dinner....Well I better get to bed....I got 10 hours of work to put in tomorrow.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kaelee,
I read something that made me think of you so I thought I'd share, it's long but well worth the read:

Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, you can achieve. - Mary Kay Ash

Recently I set an intimidating and seemingly unreachable goal for myself - to complete a marathon. Overwhelming? Definitely. Crazy? Probably. Reachable? YES. There was no question of whether I would do it halfway, just doing enough to get by. I was going to give it my all. To do this, I knew I was going to have to change some habits and sacrifice in ways I never had before.

Just a few weeks ago, after months of training, I did it. I completed the Country Music Marathon in Nashville, and you know what? All the sacrifices were worth it. All the people I've talked with agree. The early-morning runs, the loss of sleep, the physical pain, the mental battles... all are worth it in the end. Yes, I achieved my goal and learned a lot about running, but I didn't tell you all that just to say I ran 26.2 miles and got a medal for it.

Here are 3 keys points I took away from my marathon experience. I hope you will take these valuable lessons that I've learned recently and apply them to specific areas in your life - your money, getting out of debt, marriage, parenting, spirituality, you name it.

1. High-Performance Achievement vs. "just getting the job done." You have to go beyond your normal efforts to achieve high performance. You have to sacrifice intentionally. You have to do something different from what you've done before to reach a new level of personal excellence. People who reach a level of high-performance achievement grasp this. That's why they're different. If you want to distinguish yourself from people who are normal and just want to "get the job done," aim high, set clear goals, and give it all you've got.

2. Keep away from negative people. If you're trying to reach a positive goal, what benefit are negative people to you? NONE, so get away from them. Stick to positive influences in your life. It was so great to see people along the course that were cheering and encouraging me to keep going while I was running. There's nothing like encouragement while you're trying to achieve a big goal, is there? It may be tempting to have a "pity party" or jump on the cynical bandwagon, but it won't be worth it in the end. Continuous negativity brings you down, so stay away from it.

3. Visualize achieving your goal. While I was training, I studied the course route over and over. I knew where I would be in the city at every mile marker. I knew where the hills were and where the straight stretches would be. The course wasn't going to surprise me because I visualized myself working toward achieving each small goal along the way. The same goes if you want to get out of debt. If the big goal is to be debt-free in 2 years, that may seem a little overwhelming. That's why it's important to set small goals along the way - paying off your debts smallest to largest. Quick wins will give you momentum to keep working toward the larger goal and help you visualize achieving it as well.

Be sure to talk with those around you who have achieved great goals they set for themselves. Find out what they did to overcome their intimidating obstacles and what they learned throughout the process.

Always aim for your absolute highest and best - "gazelle intensity" is what I call it. Doing anything halfway should not be an option. Extend this kind of intensity and focus into all areas of your life, and you can and will transform your life for the better.

I hope this was encouraging for you. I got it off the Dave Ramsey website, he's a guy I listen to on the radio that does a lot of Financial Counseling and stuff. Anyway. Take care of yourself and keep on keeping on!

-Heather

Michelle said...

I get hungry just reading what you have cooked! :)
Also, I agree--the performance evals are stupid and a waste of time. ha ha

Have a good weekend & good luck with the potty training!
-M

P.S. I love what Heather posted, it certainly gave me something to think about as well.