Thursday, July 19, 2007

Where did all this stuff come from.....

Boy am I tired tonight...we had a pretty busy day getting stuff ready to be packed. Shawn's parents will be here tomorrow and along with his cousin Aimee we will be packing up the majority of our townhouse on Saturday.....I spent today cleaning out the girls closet....I am still amazed at how much crap they have.....I mean they are not even 3 years old.......I am still in shock at how much stuff was crammed into their closet.....from clothes to toys to keepsakes to art supplies to blankets and more blankets.....the girls could probably keep a small village warm with all the blankets they have.....insane......but I can proudly say I have it pretty much organized. Note to self: Clean out kids closet at least twice a year!! The girls thought cleaning out their closet was fun and of course they got in to everything that I wanted to throw out or donate.....I suppose they had to touch some of the stuff one last time.....silly kids. There room is a total wreck, but I finally went through all their 6-12 month clothes to pick out stuff for Lila to take to P-Town (in case we are there through Sept).....and packed the rest of their old clothes....man they also had a ton of clothes....but I did find some to donate too......since Lila is totally off a season with the girls sizes....plus Texas will have different climate.....

I must say it feels like we got a lot done today....and we really do not have too much stuff.....packing on Saturday shouldn't take too much time....the girls were good today too. We just never know how they are going to react when something they like or want gets packed up....One funny story is we have a picture of each girl framed in their room....Kiara's is hanging on the wall and Mikiah's sets on their side table....anyway Shawn grabbed Kiara's picture and took out the screw it was hanging on and Kiara totally flipped out.....She was yelling at Daddy to "Put it back up!" and then she burst into tears. Meanwhile Mikiah was yelling to "Pack it up, Daddy!" So funny, I could here it over the monitor downstairs trying not to laugh too hard.....as of today the picture is still up on the wall. I think it will be something that will be packed the same day the cribs come down or maybe Kiara will be ok if she packs it herself....we shall see!

While daddy was out tonight the girls and I hung out and listened to some music....I actually started the movie Rent on Encore On Demand (Love that its Free) because I really like the opening song 'Seasons of Love' ........anyway Kiara and Mikiah like it too and we replayed it probably 5-6 times "Rewind it Mommy!!"....while they slow danced around trying to sing along.....then I actually just let the movie play while the girls were doing puzzles and playing with their BBQ set....but they did take time to dance through most of the singing acts.....I just love this movie.....I really want to see this on Broadway someday or when it comes through town again....I think its probably one of my favorite musicals........Such a good story of Friendship and Love.....and I love Angel she is definitely my favorite character.....So great to be so free with who you are!

So here it is 9.00pm and I finally have a little time to myself.....Lila is sleeping in the Boppy on the couch, the girls are upstairs finally asleep and Shawn is out with old 180/Zango buddies and Joe/Erin (Happy Birthday Joe!)....Shawn just called he is on his way home.....and he had a good time....anyway I think I needed tonight even if it was just an hour or so by myself......it just nice to be with my thoughts especially with all the changes ahead of us.....with that I think I am outta here.....

No comments: