Thursday, August 23, 2007

The House Cleaner is coming....

So today was housecleaning day which means the girls and I needed to be out of the house for 4 hours while she cleans up the place.....today she got here at 11.00am....So we had until 3pm to find stuff to do around P-Town....Today was Park day.....We headed out to Terreview Park (a park we had never been too and looked like it had good toddler toys) well we drove by and the park looked fun but the sketchy guy cleaning out his car and about a gazillion plastic bags of clothes did not look so fun....ok, call me overprotective....I am sure they guy was probably fine....but I was freaked by him and I am thinking "Scary, Me and 3 kids....no way"...So we drove by and checked out the houses behind the high school....insane how may houses are up there now.....

We decided to head to Sunnyside Park.....and so glad we did....the girls met a really chatty 4 year old girl (Nadia, I think?)....who spoke 2 languages...her mom didn't speak much English and talked to her daughter in a different language (definitely an Eastern European language)....the girls totally noticed and looked at me baffled....I really think I want to look for a dual language school district in Texas.....would be nice for them to know a few languages...anyway the played with Nadia and then all the girls met another girl who was 2.5, she was a cutie and had no fear when it came to the playground (She totally reminded me of the girls friend Natalie!).....Her mom and I chatted while the girls played and ran around.....she went to UCLA (and I am pretty sure she played Basketball there, she was super tall and mentioned that she coached B-Ball before coming to Pullman, and she just looked familiar)....she was really nice, I am sure we will see her at the park again......

After Sunnyside it was off to lunch, MJ's pick....I asked her "Cougar Country or McDonald's?"....she was like "McDonald's....I don't want Cougar Country".....(My Jaw Dropped I guess I will need to keep working on her, she WILL like Cougar Country!).....So off to McDonald's we went....and the girls were great....As you can imagine it was kind of crazy, we had time to burn so we ate inside.....just picture it.....Me, carrying Lila in the car seat, the girls hand in hand sticking close to me practically tripping me....staying close like glue through everything, the parking lot, while ordering, while in the restaurant....etc....I am just so glad they were so good.....some days you just never know.....I also had a funny person moment while watching and listening to Kiara....I have begun to see more me in her....Today she was like "....and after this we are going to the park, and then we are going home and then we are doing this....and then this".....it so how I am....Always telling them everything that is going to happen so their are no surprises or rapid mood changes....it was just really funny to see that she actually picks up on it and seems to mimic me.....Too Cute....I am sure when she gets older it will annoy me....but for now its just Cute.....

After eating we only had 1 or so to kill.....so we headed to Harrison Tot Lot, which is actually 1 street over from Shawn's parents (we could have walked)....The girls had fun and boy did the park get pretty busy.....to cool off we drove around WSU campus 1 time and then finally we came home.....Such a busy 4 hours.....and boy were the girls dirty and sleepy.....Nothing like taking a bath in a newly cleaned bathtub....after bath is was 'Rest' time...a little late, but hey they still went down for an hour or two.....Man I feel like were were everywhere today and boy am I tired.....I packed Lila most of the day (at all the parks) in the Ergo Carrier and man she is getting heavy.....So Day 1 without Daddy went off pretty well.......they of coursed talked to him today....and 'wanted' him.....but managed to get through it......Well, I am off to watch Big Brother on the DVR....can't wait to see who gets voted out.....

2 comments:

Molly Hannan said...

Sounds like a busy busy day, but man, what I wouldn't do for a house cleaner to come every week and clean for me! I'm jealous you get to hang in Pullman, it sounds like fun!

Shawn said...

man, I miss my girls!

good work, baby - getting them all moved around!