Monday, August 20, 2007

Time...Soaking it up.....

Well the rain has come....it was rainy yesterday and gloomy most of today....hopefully it will clear up and be warm and sunny again soon....the girls really miss being outside.....We were not up to much today....the girls and I have been trying to soak up as much time with daddy before he leaves on Wednesday....boy have the last two and half weeks gone bye fast......the girls are really gonna miss daddy.....as am I....

I am really trying to think about what we did today....with the rain we totally laid low....I know the girls watched some Barney and played with Lego's...Shawn continued to look for jobs and arrange some interviews....it sounded like that was gong pretty well...I worked part of the day and finally made Lila's 6 Month appt.....I decided to call her pediatrician's office in the Quah.....and made her appointment there so we will be traveling back to Seattle/Issaquah after Labor Day......I decided I wanted to see the girls Doctor one more time, so we will pay out of pocket (not exactly cheap but we have the money since I am working PT for WSU) for Lila's appointment if Shawn doesn't have a job by then.....it also allows me to get all the girls medical records and immunization cards filled out.....plus it will be nice to see and visit with everyone on the west side.....I haven't decided how long we will be over there....but I will have that figured out soon...with me working it probably won't be too long.

Oh I totally forgot to mention a pretty crazy thing that happened on Saturday.....it must have been too traumatic for me to remember earlier.......Miss Little Lila go stung by a bee, right in the ear.....it was pretty scary for a short time....I am usually not the type to flip out, but none of my kids have been stung before and with Grandpa Harper being allergic to bee stings....it sort of caused me to totally feel like I freaked out after it happened.....the sting did swell but not too bad.....we did call the hospital and they had the pediatrician call us back....talking to him was reassuring and Lila was fine....we did learn that you can put antiperspirant on a bee sting to break up the venom...which totally helped Lila, that and ice....Lila was a champ....and seriously never really acted like she hurt at all.....I think I am going to carry a travel size antiperspirant in the diaper bag during bee season.....who knew?.....with that I am off to bed for a good night sleep....so I can get my arse up to exercise in the AM.....

No comments: