Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"I love the Library Mommy!".....

So today was library day....Who knew that my kids would love it so much. It was only their 2nd time going and man was it fun....Of course getting there always poses a challenge.....I had planned on getting there at 9.30am for the 0-24 month Lap Class (siblings are welcome)....but MJ was being a total pooh this morning.....She didn't want to get dressed, she didn't want to brush her hair.....she was running around the house for a good 30 min throwing herself in the couch and hiding....So we finally got out of the house around 10am.....Holy cow there were tons of kids at the library.....So fun....we got there and the girls immediately went to some small rocking chairs and started reading board books.....they also played with puppets and said hi to some kids that were there....At 10.30am the 2-3 year old Storytime began....we got in the room filled out name tags...of course Kiara didn't want to wear hers....I was the lucky one that got to wear it on my jeans....there were probably 25-30 kids in the room all....it was pretty cool there were so many....anyway once the Children's Librarian came in all the fun started...she sang as she entered and then all the kids went up front including MJ to sit down and listen to the first story.....Kiara stayed right by my side in the back of the room.....I know she is shy....but I didn't expect her to need to be right next to me....I know she will become more out going as we continue to go every Wednesday....anyway Mikiah was too cute....she would look back at me to make sure I was still there and she would smile and wave....but man was she attentive....she loved story time and singing and activities.....She was totally in her element.....I was really proud of her....and not so proud of me....I can't believe I have never brought my kids to the library for story time....Talk about missing out on some fun.....after story time we went to check out a book for each.....I think the girls could have stayed there all day....so glad I laid the ground rules and the timeline before we went so they knew what to expect.......otherwise I think I would have had at least one screaming kid trying to get them to leave......On a side note Lila did great in the Ergo....I just love wearing her.....so easy!.....

After the library we went grocery shopping for just a few things....the girls were still talking about the Library....so funny....telling everyone in the store that they went to the library....Love it.....I am so glad that Pullman has such a great library that focuses on the children....and the Librarian Kathleen.....totally awesome....all the kids love her.....

3 comments:

Shawn said...

very cool!!

wish i was there!

Erin said...

sounds like a good time at the library! i'll have to take jade to our nearby one!

Molly Hannan said...

Libraries are awesome! I don't take the kids enough. . .sometimes, I just forget how much fun they can be. Have a great weekend, Go Cougs!