Saturday, August 4, 2007

Seattle in our Rear View....

Where to begin today.....tried to get up early knowing I had a ton to get done.....but of course I was super tired and finally got out of bed around 7.30ish....so I felt rushed all morning and I hate feeling rushed.....but in this case I guess it was good because I got all my crap done my 11am-12ish......Shawn's Dad made it into town around 10.30ish and they went and picked up the Penske truck....as soon as they got home they loaded up the Suburban....and when I say loaded I mean there was not one inch of extra space....I think the girls were surrounded by food and toys and blankets and just stuff everywhere.....let just say we were crazy full......but the girls and I got out of Issaquah by about 12.45ish.....It was a bit unreal leaving a place that has been so good to us....but its definitely time for something new....so with Seattle and the Quah behind us.....the girls and I headed east.....

I must say the drive was great.....until just before Vantage....I hate road construction and I love that they do it on busy travel days......I think it set me back about a half and hour...and let me tell you that made a big difference when it came 4.15ish and all the girls were crabby to the point of unrulely....ugh!....Kiara talked the whole way and when I say the whole way she seriously gabbed the whole time with some arguing thrown in about taking her straps off to her car seat and she also took her shirt off and wanted me to help her put it back on....and etc.....the list seemed never ending....Mikiah was good until that last 45min when she wouldn't give Kiara her water bottle, talk about scream fest.....and then Lila.....well she was just hungry....but she settled down after about 5 min of fussiness.....I LOVE IT....I guess I would rather have the girls be good for most of the trip then be crabby for the whole thing....didn't help that neither of the twins napped.....Well what I can say is that we made it to Pullman.!

When we arrived there was an entourage of people here to help me unload...which was awesome since both Jerry and Anna are away....Thanks to Gregg, Pat, Karey and Holly for all your help with getting us unloaded, helping calm the girls down and dinner....It feels good to be here...Its definitely a good temporary place for us to be.....I know I will feel better once everything is in its place....Well its late......well not that late, but I know I have to get up and feed the dogs at 5.30am or something like that....and then its back to working out before the girls are up.....Nightie Night!

1 comment:

Molly Hannan said...

Glad you guys made it to Pullman safe and sound! Hope you get settled quickly. Enjoy!