Saturday, June 23, 2007

1st Haircut time.....what a day!

So today started out like most...same old morning routine....breakfast...some playing and then a little bit of TV......lunch and then nap......all was good until MJ wanted Mac n Cheese for lunch....which was fine....but then she didn't really eat it....(Not like her, its her Favorite)....So off to nap they went...They woke up around 2.ooish...perfect...that gave us an hour to get ready and head off to their hair appt in Redmond at 4.30pm....both girls were totally excited about it all morning....Well after nap MJ woke up feeling a bit off.....she was a little bit off most of the day....she was pretty needy and wanted mommy....So there we are sitting on the floor and all of a sudden MJ throws up...all over her and me....and of course this freaks her out...(She has never thrown up before).....so we go get cleaned up and I ask her "You still want to get your hair cut?".....she replies with a simple "Yes Mommy".....Ok, so I am thinking if she feels good and maybe has a few crackers to settle her stomach she will be good to go and if she doesn't want to go then we will reschedule....So about an hour goes by....and MJ is feeling good, running around, eating crackers, having some water.....I ask her again "You sure you are feeling good and want your haircut"......"Yeah Mommy"....OK, so we all get ready and go......We leave our place and make it down to East Lake Sammamish by the Joker Pub when poor MJ vomits again....OH MY....we pullover and get her all cleaned up....thank god I had extra shorts and Kiara was wearing two tee shirts.....So now what do we do?....Well Mikiah still wanted to go and said she was feeling better....and Kiara didn't want to do anything but get her haircut....so off again we went....and made it there without and more vomiting.....So we park....I look at MJ, she is feeling totally better and wants her haircut....I am thinking, would I be a horrible parent if I took her in there to get it cut?....its what she wants....hmmm.....sorry if you all think it was irresponsible....we ended up taking both of them in to get their first cuts....and here are some pics of the action....It went great they picked out "Cars" to watch....(They have Micky Mouse TV for them to watch)....Kiara went first and boy she was serious.....MJ backed out at first....but then she was game.....They both got certificates with some of their hair on it, necklaces, and candy......So fun!
1st Hair Cut June 07

After the haircut it was off to Cow Chip Cookies....Their little reward for a job well done...then it was back to the Quah for a quick trip to Home Depot and then home....Where once again poor Mikiah was sitting with Dad and threw up her cookies....holy crap, now I am feeling totally bad for taking her into get her haircut, but I know if she and I had stayed it the car she would have been totally upset..........plus she looked good and told me she was feeling good....hmmmm

So I added some chicken noodle soup to the menu for dinner.....trying to make sure she gets plenty of liquids.....and amazingly she ate dinner, I actually didn't expect her to....but she had a bowl of soup, some of her sandwich and some chips...along with some water....She appeared to be feeling better when we put her down tonight....and I just ran upstairs, she needed me to change her pull-up (It was completely soaked with pee).....she looks better....a little warm but better....I am thinking its just a 24 hour bug and all will be well in the morning.....So as you can see today was quite a day.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, They look cute,Good job mom.. I hope MJ is okay. She looked a little pale... Love Mom

Anonymous said...

how fun! i hope little mikiah is feeling better today!!

Molly Hannan said...

What great haircuts and that place looks awesome! Hope Mikiah feels better, cleaning up puke is by far the worst part of motherhood :)

Michelle said...

Oh, poor Mikiah! I hope she's feeling better.
Those pictures of their 1st haircut are adorable and they look so cute with their new 'dos! Is that the place in the Redmond Town Center? I remember going in there with my friend Amy & her daughter Isabelle and it was so cute!