Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Cowboy Wednesday......

So hooray for days off in the middle of the week....Now that I have a new schedule I had to figure out some sort of exercise plan.....So this morning after nursing Lila at 5:30am I decided I need to get Running.....I am so glad I did although I think I am more out of shape then I would like to admit.....I think I ran for about a 1/4-1/2 mile and then started a fast pace walk and then came back to the house and took DB up the hill to round out my exercise.....I am so lame....and I totally felt and probably looked like the episode of friends w/Phoebe running in the park....it seems as though I forgot how to run....I mean I haven't ran in so long (just exercising on elliptical machines/exercise bikes)........I was able to find this for your enjoyment in case you forgot what her run looked like....I seriously felt like a crazy, mad and out of control runner...
I will be out again tomorrow morning rain or shine....its nice being able to get up and get it over with.....hopefully I will make it a little further....each day it will get easier.....I actually can't wait until tomorrow morning.....

Today was dress up day at the Harper House....The girls found a few of Shawn's old shirts and pants from when he was a kid....and they wanted to wear them today....it was pretty cute....and since they dont have Cowboy hats they wore their Safari ones....then they danced around to Mexican Country Music.....here is a pic before the dancing.....and hats....
and here is one of them dancing..........love the safari hats....
We didn't do too much else today....while the girls napped Shawn took the Burban for an oil change and went to the store for a few necessities (Milk, butter, sugar).....While he was gone I watched Flicka....pretty cute movie.....love Tim McGraw.......then I made some Banana Bread....with my very ripe bananas.....and of course I had a small amount of Mini Choc Chips so I mixed those in too.....its my favorite way to make Banana Bread.....It turned out soooo yummy...Love it....I am trying to think what else we did today....Shawn went out for a beer with his friend Kashif.....they hadn't seen each other since Kashif left Zango.....He is such a good guy!.....Shawn made it home in time for dinner......Italian Chicken Pasta......it was also good....I used goat cheese (since I had it) instead of the usual Feta.....its funny both girls love goat cheese....good thing too since Shawn and I really enjoy it.....

So now I am sitting here listening to the big girls talk in their room over the monitor.....I am trying to understand what they are talking about but I swear sometimes they talk in their twin language......Wait just heard Kiara "Mom, come put my blanket on"....Be right back....

Going up there reminded me that I needed to Thank Nana Anna and Sindy for sending the girls hats today....they love them....and they each picked their own.....although they wear both......I think I will end with a pic of them.....Night all!
Love our new hats!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Hey, Sorry!

Watch out for the horse!

Bye!"

Anonymous said...

Wow, what cute hats. I love the clothes... The girls are so funny. Thanks for the picture....MOM

Michelle said...

Ohmygosh...that is one of my favorite episodes of Friends!! ha ha! Good for you for getting out there...I keep talking about it but have yet to actually DO IT. I keep blaming the heat but that's really not a very good excuse.

I love that the girls still wear the safari hats from Kurtis' b-day party. You guys have so much fun, I wanna hang out with the Harpers!

Molly Hannan said...

I love the pictures of the kids in Shawn's clothes, that's so great! Also, don't sweat the running . . .it took me forever to be able to run for 30 minutes without stopping and walking :) Babies are hell on our bodies, but luckily we can always bounce back (well mostly :)