Thursday, June 7, 2007

Laying Low.....

Well today has been a pretty blah day at the Harper House....we have not done much of anything....some eating, some dancing, some napping, some cleaning.....all in all a pretty boring day....but nice and relaxing....thanks to the grey skies....Oh, we did hear late yesterday that Shawn's Grandad was released from the Hospital after having a Stent put in....he is at home, resting and doing well...

One funny thing that did happen today was with Mikiah.....she regularly cracks me up with her language....and today was no exception......we were heading downstairs after nap and she was picking up stuff and putting it back in her crib (Yes my girls still have tons of books, animals, and toys in their cribs) anyway.....I was like "Come on Mikiah lets go downstairs" and she was like "In 1 minute Mommy"...."You just wait 1 minute!".....man did she tell me....it was too funny....I suppose she picked it up from me...telling them to wait....after she was done picking up her toys she was kind enough to thank me for waiting.....with the usual "Thanks Mommy".....I just love that the girls are talking so well......more words everyday!.....the funny thing is I can imagine Lila talking yet....or what her voice will sound like....I am sure she will be talking before I know it.....

Speaking of Lila....Here is a pic of her today....She is so awake now during the day....only liking to nap on mom again.....we will be figuring out nap times soon...

...and here is a video of Lila making noises....



and another video of the girls being silly and dancing....love Mikiah with the blanket.....



I relaxed today while Shawn continued his job search...he found a few more positions in Austin and I think one in Portland.....and he even applied for unemployment (not sure if he would want you all to know this but oh well cats out of the bag now)....I figure we might as well take advantage of government programs while we can....good news is it will be a big help! Well I am off to make some dinner.....Tonight Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry with some rice.....I haven't done a stir fry in so long....hope I remember how and that it comes out good......then for dessert Cookie Bars.....Yup my chocolate/sweet attack is back......I love 60% Choc Chips.....YUM! Oh, one more thing...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARBY!......
****Dinner Update****
YUM....it turned out good....So glad I remember how to make stir fry sauces.....Kiara loved it and even ate the beef....she is a meat eater....Mikiah probably would have rather had Mac'n'Cheese.....

4 comments:

Shawn said...

Dinner was fantastic, and you are the most amazing girl in the world for your nurturing, and patient parenting skills.

Our girls are truly lucky to have you as their momma!

Molly Hannan said...

Thanks for the birthday message! Love the videos!

Anonymous said...

I loved the blankety dance. Your girls are all so beautiful.

L, M

Anonymous said...

That blanket dance was cool, Mikiah and Kiara Bear have a future as dancers or maybe some type of band member, be it go-go or playing. They have got the beat. I love that DB has her back to all of it. Lila seemed to be enjoying herself also. Got to love those girls.Love you all.MoM