Thursday, June 21, 2007

Family time in SoDo....

Well, its Wednesday night and I finally have some time to blog a little bit about today.....It was pretty much status quo....Got up and enjoyed some Coffee with my Dad (G-Dad)....its been so nice having him here....he is such a big help with all the kids, the dog (who loves to poop for G-Dad) and packing....he will be missed when he has to head back to ABQ.....Saturday is coming way too fast....

Most of the morning was spent hanging around the house......after nap time we got the girls ready and headed into Seattle....SoDo area....We went to visit G-Dad's brother, sister-in-law and my cousins....Uncle Rob & Aunt Kathy have their own business and Shawn and I had never been there...it was pretty cool we got the grand tour of the business.....and also met my cousins Ken and Amy and her son Kaleb. I hadn't seen Amy since she moved back from Florida and I had never met her son...he will be 1 in a few weeks....man does time fly by......the girls had a good time running around the shop and visiting.....it was really good to spend time with family....

On the way home we decided not to cook.....and we would eat some dinner out...."Where to eat?....famous age old question".....we rattled through the list of restaurants....and nothing was sounding good....until Shawn mentioned Coho Cafe.....perfect a menu with a wide variety....since none of us really knew what we wanted.....Dinner was good....the girls were great....and Little Lila was asleep before the food came to the table....after dinner it was off to Fred Meyer....where Kiara had her 2nd ever screaming meltdown at the self check out counter....I ended up taking her outside and around the entrance where I could see the exit....what I didn't know was that Mikiah was following me....and apparently she lost me and walked back into the store and ran into G-Dad and Shawn.....they thought she was with me and I thought she was with them......talk about scary....another eye opening experience....a lesson for all of us.....the only good thing is I would have been able to see her if she exited....but man I am still a lil' freaked about it....boy do I feel like a horrible mother....

So now I am thinking about my friend Michelle as I sit here and watch a little Law & Order SVU on USA Network....I swear I could watch re-runs of Law & Order all day.....oh and I am addicted to root beer floats....ugh this sweet tooth.....bye for now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was scary, but it seems she didn't panic, Mikiah is such a good girl..Also hope Kiara is okay.... Glad you had a great day, I always enjoy visiting with Rob and Cathy..

Michelle said...

Mmmm, Coho Cafe! One of my favorites! :)
I bet that was a scary moment, I can't imagine. Luckily it ended well and I hope Kiara calmed down. ha ha

That's awesome that you were watching SVU, I love, love that show! I have a bit of a crush on Elliot.

Have a great weekend!